We are looking for an experienced and passionate SEN teaching assistant who has experience working with children with a variety of additional needs (e.g. autism, dyslexia, ADHD, global development delay, speech and communication challenges), to be a key worker.
You will demonstrate our values of compassion, commitment, reliability and honesty and you will have the opportunity to make a difference.
You will need:
- an understanding of the UK National Curriculum;
- a proven record of working with special educational needs - autism/dyslexia/ ADHD or other;
- a proven record of being able to heighten pupil's confidence, self-esteem and love of learning;
- 100% passion for education, commitment, reliability and honesty;
- excellent communication skills;
- excellent literacy and numeracy skills (GCSE grade c or above);
- incredible patience;
- an excellent knowledge of different learning styles and how to utilise these;
- the ability to deal with possible behaviour issues;
- to be a team-worker;
You will need to:
- make sure that the pupils that you support are able to engage in learning and stay on task during the lesson or activity;
- support and assess the social and emotional development of pupils, reporting any issues as necessary;
- supervise pupil safety.
Applicants will need to use their initiative and adapt quickly and intuitively to the needs of the child as well as having a willingness to learn and receive direction from others.
Our school can offer:
- a friendly, caring and supportive team;
• well behaved, polite and enthusiastic pupils; and
• supportive parents and governors.
Applications are invited from prospective candidates who are able to demonstrate that they meet the essential criteria set out in the person specification.
Closing date: Monday 15th 2019
Interviews: Friday 19th July 2019
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed
To book a visit or for further information, please contact:
Anita Sparrow (Business Manager) on (01206) 823044 ext 4
Millfields is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children/young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an enhanced disclosure & barring service check (DBS) will be sought.
Thursday & Friday
8:30am- 10:30am – SEN LSA
10:30am – 10:50am – Break
10:50am – 12:10pm – SEN LSA
12:10pm – 1:15pm – MDA
1:15pm-3:00pm – SEN LSA
You will also have an unpaid half hour break per day at a mutually agreeable time.
Band 2 Point 3 – 6 (£18,065 pa - £19,171 pa pro rata)
Details of person specification, application form and job description are available on http://www.essexschoolsjobs.co.uk/