The Governors of Millfields Primary School are seeking to appoint an excellent Site Manager to start as soon as possible.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual who sets high standards, values teamwork and wants to be part of a whole team in an outstanding school. We are seeking a well organised, flexible team player who is enthusiastic, pro-active and reliable in their approach to school life.
Your main duties will include:
- Security and supervision of the whole site
- Caretaking and general maintenance
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations
- Supervision of external contractors and the cleaning team
- Manual tasks as required (e.g. moving furniture, cleaning, decorating, plumbing, glazing, window cleaning etc)
- Maintenance of the grounds to include grass cutting, line marking etc.
- Portable appliance testing
- Legionella testing and reporting
- Be responsible for the maintenance of the school owned bungalow
- Be available to open and lock the building in the evening for our hirers (additional lettings rate of pay)
Previous experience of managing staff would be beneficial together with a qualification or experience in a trade (electrical, plumbing, building). Evidence of a good standard of literacy and numeracy is essential.
Our school can offer: a friendly, caring and supportive team; well behaved, polite and enthusiastic pupils; and supportive parents and governors.
Applications are invited from prospective candidates who are able to demonstrate that they meet the essential criteria set out in the person specification.
Closing date: Monday 1st April 2019
Shortlisting: Tuesday 2nd April 2019
Interviews: Friday 5th April 2019
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed
To book a visit or for further information, please contact:
Tina Dawney (Administrative Assistant) on (01206) 823044
Millfields is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children/young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an enhanced disclosure & barring service check (DBS) will be sought.
Monday – Thursday 8:30am – 5:45pm (1.5 hour unpaid break 1:30pm-3:00pm)
Friday – 8:30am – 5:00pm (1.5 hour unpaid break 1:30pm-3:00pm)
Band 4 Point 19 – 24 (£24,799 pa - £27,905 pa)